Student Affairs Office
The Office of Student Affairs provides a variety of services, activities and learning opportunities designed to engage students in the college experience. Our mission to promote the success of students, enrich the quality of campus life and support classroom instruction through a variety of services including:
- Student Leadership Opportunities
- Associated Student Government
- Clubs and Organizations
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Free Speech Guidelines and Activities
- Common Application
- Programs and Events
Student Leadership Opportunities
The Associated Student Government (ASG) offers the opportunity to participate in student government, develop leadership skills, civic engagement such as voter registration drives and coordinate special events. ASG representatives reflect the diversity of the student body and are given the opportunity to recommend policies and procedures. Officers of the ASG are elected at large by the general student body.
For a nominal fee, students can become members of the Associated Student Government. Membership allows the ASG to support campus clubs and organizations, create campus-wide activities and advocate for the student body. All students are welcome to attend weekly ASG meetings.
Student Clubs are an integral part of student life at San Diego Miramar College. It provides opportunities to make friends, pursue special interests, and gain leadership skills. Club membership is open to all Miramar College students. Students can also form a new club through the Office of Student Affairs.
Some of the most recent active clubs include:
- American Red Cross Club
- Anthropology Club
- Business Club
- Chemistry Affiliate Club
- Child Development Professionals (CDP)
- Diesel Skills
- Fire/EMT Club
- International Affairs and Relations
- Law & Justice Society
- Miramar Computer Science Organization (MCSO)
- Music Sanctuary Club
- Our Colors
- Phi Theta Kappa
- Parent Student Advisory Board (PSAB)
- Student Veterans Organization
Fall & Spring Club Certification
Club Certification Process
If you are interested in starting a club, you must apply and be approved. This is known as the certification process. Please read the information below. The process for applying to be an approved club at Miramar College may take place in the Fall or Spring. The following outlines the process:
- Complete the Club Certification Packet.
The packet includes the following:
- Club Officer List
- Membership List
- Advisor Verification
- Constitution & By-Laws
- Policy/Procedure Acknowledgement
- SDCCD Policy 3200
- Campus Policies and Procedures for Clubs
- Statement of Nondiscrimination
- Attend a Club Orientation (See dates below)
- Reserve your space in Student Affairs prior to attending the Orientation.
- All new Advisors are required to also attend.
- All club officers are required to attend.
- Submit new Club Officer List
- Submit new Membership list
- Submit Policy/Procedure Acknowledgement
- Submit Statement of Non Discrimination
- If the Constitution and By-Laws are the same this document does not need to be re-submitted
Mandated Sexual Assault Training
ALL club officers and club members are strongly encouraged to complete the Haven—Sexual Assault Prevention Training. The directions are listed below. Print your receipt and provide to Student Affairs prior to the Club Orientation.
You will need an EverFi Higher Education Account to access these courses. If you do not have an account you will need to register for one.
- Go to: http://www.everfi.com/register
- Enter the registration code: 8ef36412
- Fill in the appropriate information, please be sure to enter your CSID in order to receive credit for completion
Dates for the Fall 2018 Semester Club Orientation are:
Tuesday, September 11th, located in K1-209 at 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday, September 12th, located in K1-209 at 3:00 p.m.
Thursday, September 13th, located in K1-209 at 2:00 p.m.
There are a variety of campus committees that allow students to represent the student body on matters related to budget, curriculum, marketing, diversity and student services.